The Library is very appreciative of the contributions in all formats that enable us to continue to provide essential resources and services to our community.
Sewing Supplies Wanted
The East Gwillimbury Library is launching more sewing programs, and needs your help. We are looking for any spare sewing supplies that would be good for sewing kits. Our current list of needed supplies are: fabric scissors, tape measures, seam rippers, seam gauges, needle threaders, pins/pincushion, needle threader, dressmaker’s chalk, tracing wheel, safety thimble, dressmaking pencils, cookie tins or containers for storage, and assorted decorative items. Any support would be greatly appreciated.
Are you a “fixer”? If you have a skill in fixing household items, electronics, jewelry, bicycles, etc. we are looking for you to join other volunteers in the fall to offer a repair café, where your skills and knowledge will be shared with others. Date: Sat. Oct 22, 2016.
The Library Board hosts a Giant Used Book Sale at the Holland Landing Branch in October.
Donations are accepted two months prior to each sale date at the Mount Albert Branch and the Holland Landing Branch. Patrons may donate gently used books, CDs, and DVDs. We do not accept old text books, encyclopaedias, magazines or out dated science/medical books. Children's books and DVD's are always gratefully accepted.
Dedications / In Memoriam
To dedicate a book to someone special, simply fill out the Book Donation Form (attached). This may be done in person or by mail with cheques made payable to the East Gwillimbury Public Library. If indicated, donors will receive a letter acknowledging the donation. The Library will prepare special book plate listing the name of the donor and the individual or group being honoured and attach it to the book(s) purchased.
The honouree will receive a letter acknowledging the gift. If this is a memorial gift, the acknowledgement letter can be sent to the immediate family.
You are now able to make a donation to East Gwillimbury Public Library online. To make an online donation, please click on the Donate Now button. Find out more information about CanadaHelps.org, a not-for-profit charity portal which facilitates on-line donations.
We respond to each donor with a personal letter and tax receipt.
Friends of the Library
Every year the Friends of the East Gwillimbury Library host a number of fundraising activities from Author Reading Series at the Civic Centre to name plates of the two Library Quilts. The Friends donate these funds to support out-of budget Library programs and activities. Please show your support by attending/participating in their activities.
• Town of East Gwillimbury Council for its support
• Ministry of Culture for its provincial operating grant
• Canada Council of the Arts grant
• Southern Ontario Library Services Internet connectivity support and Wireless Internet access
• Southlake Cinemania for their donations and contribution to the East Gwillimbury Friends of the Library
• Friends of the East Gwillimbury Library for their support
• The Mount Albert Garden and Horticulture Society for their assistance in the planning and creation of the Library Literacy Garden
• The Library Board for their support, guidance, and hard work on our annual book sale
Special Thanks to the following for their support and contributions to our Fall 2014 Book Sale Silent Auction:
- Crystal Reflexology
- Sandra Haines
- Holland Landing Drug Mart
- Julia Munro MPP
- KEG Restaurants Ltd.
- Lonestar Texas Grill
- Lowe's Home Improvement
- Ellen Molyneaux
- Newmarket MASTERMIND Toys
- Octavian Debau RMT, Crossroads Chriopractic & Wellness Clinic
- Pet Value, East Gwillimbury
- Hon. Peter Van Loan MP
- Prince Albert Public House
- RET Consulting Service
- Diana Robichaud
- Swiss Chalet, East Gwillimbury
- Robert Street
- Tantles Hair Salon & Spa
- TD Canada Trust, East Gwillimbury
- Town of East Gwillimbury
- Variety Food Fair
- Loretta Whiteman
- Lisa Williams