The Library is very appreciative of the contributions in all formats that enable us to continue to provide essential resources and services to our community
Twice a year the Library Board hosts a Giant Used Book Sale once at Mount Albert Branch in April and again at the Holland Landing Branch in October. Donations are accepted two months prior to each sale date. Patrons may donate gently used books, CDs, and DVDs. We do not accept old text books, encyclopaedias, magazines or out dated science/medical books.
Dedications / In Memoriam
To dedicate a book to someone special, simply fill out the Book Donation Form (attached). This may be done in person or by mail with cheques made payable to the East Gwillimbury Public Library. If indicated, donors will receive a letter acknowledging the donation. The Library will prepare special book plate listing the name of the donor and the individual or group being honoured and attach it to the book(s) purchased.
The honouree will receive a letter acknowledging the gift. If this is a memorial gift, the acknowledgement letter can be sent to the immediate family.
Friends of the Library
Every year the Friends of the East Gwillimbury Library host a number of fundraising activities from Author Reading Series at the Civic Centre to name plates of the two Library Quilts. The Friends donate these funds to support out-of budget Library programs and activities. Please show your support by attending/participating in their activities.
• Town of East Gwillimbury Council for its support
• Ministry of Culture for its provincial operating grant of $25,967
• Canada Council of the Arts grant of $855
• Human Resources and Skills Development Canada grant
• Southern Ontario Library Services Internet connectivity support and Wireless Internet access
• Southlake Cinemania for their donation of $2,000 and contribution to the East Gwillimbury Friends of the Library
• Friends of the East Gwillimbury Library for their support and contribution of $7,385
• Mr. Ian Bowie, Prince Albert Public House for the golf tournament donation of $2,109 ß Community members who volunteered at and supported the Library Book Sales
• The Mount Albert Garden and Horticulture Society for their assistance in the planning and creation of the Library Literacy Garden
• The Library Board for their support, guidance and contribution of $6,977